Presentation Management FAQ
How to I access my presentation evaluation scores?
Your presentation evaluation scores will be sent to you directly via email within three weeks after the conference.
How do I access my presentations?
- Through the Presentation Management System. You must login with the profile that was used to create your presentations. Refer to your acceptance e-mail to see the profile e-mail address that is attached to your presentations.
- From the
OAUG Web site:
- Login to the OAUG Web site. You must login with the profile that was used to create your presentations. Refer to your acceptance e-mail to see the profile e-mail address that is attached to your presentations.
- From the main menu click on “Manage my Conference Presentations.”
- Select “Connection Point 2012 - R12.1/Fusion Applications Austin” from the “Select a Conference” dropdown and click the “Submit” button.
- If you have not already done so, read the OAUG Speaker Compliance Agreement carefully and in its entirety and click “Accept” to accept the agreement.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to access and manage your presentations, presentation files and presentation tasks.
How do I upload or view my presentation files?
On the Presentation Management page, click on the Presentation Files icon to the left of the presentation title. You may upload files only for accepted presentations.
What file types may I upload?
Please upload your presentation files as PDF (Portable Document Format) files. To convert your papers and presentations you may use these free online resources:
What is the file size limit?
You are allowed to upload a file no larger than 10 megabytes (10,000 kilobytes). Refer to the Presentation Files page for the latest list of allowed file types and the maximum allowed file size.
I have a file that is larger than the maximum allowed file size. What do I do?
To reduce the size of your file(s), you can compress embedded images in that file. First, save a copy somewhere safe with your images in full resolution. Then, save a new version so you can create a lower resolution version of the file. It’s usually best to perform these actions before converting to PDF.
- In Microsoft Word or PowerPoint:
- Right click on any image and choose “Format Picture”
- In the Picture tab, click on the “Compress…” button in the lower left
- Set the “Apply to” to “All pictures in document,” and change the resolution to “Web/Screen.” This will reduce the resolution on all images and delete cropped image areas in your document with minimal or no loss of quality. If you note a loss of quality on certain images, you may undo this change and reduce the image sizes individually.
- Click “OK” and save your new document. Note the file size difference. If there is no file size difference, images are already compressed as much as possible.
- In Adobe Acrobat (PDF):
- Open your document
- In the “Document” menu, select “Reduce File Size”
- Select “Acrobat 8.0 and Later” compatibility
- Specify a filename and location, and click Save. The Reduce File Size command resamples and recompresses images, removed embedded fonts, compresses document structure, and cleans up elements. If the file size is already as small as possible, this command has no effect.
- If your file is still larger than the maximum size, please contact email@example.com.
The name of the file attached to my presentation does not match the filename I uploaded. Is this normal?
This is by design. To assist with the development of the conference proceedings CD, files are automatically renamed in sequence according to the file type. The naming convention is presentation ID + first initial + last name + document type + order of file being uploaded. For example, a PDF of a presentation file uploaded by Jane Doe may be renamed 1234_jdoe_ppt_1.PDF. Because of this, it is important that you include an explicit File Description so you can identify the file later.
How do I upload a new version of a file I already uploaded?
You must first delete the previous version of the file:
- On the Presentation Files page, click on the Presentation Files icon to the left of the presentation title.
- Scroll down to the Current Presentation Files section to view the existing presentation files.
- Click on the red circle “X” to the left of the file that you wish to delete.
- When asked to confirm this request click “Yes.”
To upload the new version of the file go to the Upload Presentation Files section and follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I delete a file that I have uploaded?
- Simply click on the red circle “X” to the left of the file that you wish to delete.
- When asked to confirm this request click “Yes.”
How do I view my tasks?
On the Presentation Management page, click on the “View Tasks” link in the right column. You may view tasks only for accepted presentations. Please observe the task deadlines. Failure to complete all tasks prior to their deadlines may result in the cancellation of your presentation and cancellation of your complimentary registration.
How do I make changes to my presentation details?
You may edit your presentation details as long as the submission deadline has not passed. If you require edits to your title, abstract or other details after the submission deadline has passed, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org. The OAUG speaker programs administrator will work with you to make the required changes and updates. The deadline for all changes and updates is Monday, June 20, 2012.
I have logged in but I don’t see my presentations. What do I do?
If you have more than one OAUG profile you may have logged in with the wrong one. You must login with the profile that is attached to your presentations. Refer to your acceptance e-mail to see the profile e-mail address that is attached to your presentations.
My question is not covered here. What do I do?
You may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. Please include your presentation ID(s), your OAUG profile e-mail address and a detailed description of the problem you are having.